Saturday, August 6, 2011

Painting the night in NYC





Sometimes you end up taking some of your personal favorite photos when you least expect it.

A few days into my time in New York City, I took a walk from my hotel up to the High Line
Park that runs down the side of the Meat Packing District. I had taken both my LC-A and Diana Mini with me, but due to the fading light of dusk I mostly had plans of taking photos just with my LC-A... fate had other plans. For the first time since I've owned my LC-A, she got a film stuck inside.

I was kind of devastated since the walk back to the hotel in the hot hot humid weather of a NYC heatwave to change films in a dark room didn't really appeal to me & also I would have lost any light that still remained on the horizon. So I pulled out my Diana Mini & attempted some long exposures in bulb mode... not really expecting them to even work out, but I thought I'd try anyway.

And BAM! Check out those light trails & the faint ghosting of white clouds in a blue sky! Oh Diana Mini, I love love love you for surprising me with these photographs. I can't quite remember what film I was using at the time, but it's highly likely that it was Kodak Portra 400vc and I left the shutter open for between 30 seconds and one minute.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I have... you can click on each photo for a full sized version.

x Mel

1 comment:

Rhianne said...

oh wow oh wow, these are amazing!! I'm going to have to try this is Paris :) Lovely photos!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...